Thursday, October 06, 2005

Integrity and Rage

What is the line between integrity and fighting for what you want? If others are going to be hurt in the process, but you really want something, how hard do you push?

Difficult questions, with many shades of grey. I put a lot of weight on integrity. I think that you have to be able to live with yourself. To be able to look in the mirror everyday and sleep at night. To feel good about the choices you make, even if they seem like small choices.

I fear though, that in my quest for integrity, that I have backed down from fights I should have fought. I have even used integrity as an excuse for not fighting when I should have. Where is the line?

1 comment:

Mel said...

While I respect and love you for your strong morals and ethics, I think you should stop being so nice. Adjust your ethical code, and go after what you want. You have to be able to answer to yourself at the end of the day. Did you do what's best for you?

You're so cute. Always trying to do the right thing. Love that about you.