Monday, October 03, 2005

Yellow Light

I've been going to Network Spinal Care for the last year and a half, and it's virtually impossible to explain what a difference it's made in my life. It's huge! I guess you could classify it under alternative therapies, but it's definitely grounded in science as well. I think it's just a little ahead of it's time, and that eventually we'll all embrace this type of treatment as mainstream. Essentially, Network believes that your body has an innate intelligence, and that health is not just about the absence of illness, but about wellness. Wellness in the broadest sense - physical, spiritual, emotional etc...I don't want to go into too much detail here, because I don't want to seem like a Network Evangelist...I want to talk about what I experienced today because it was just so cool...

I was lying on the table - it's just a regular old massage table - and Lynne (my doctor), continued with a bunch of low-force touches to various parts of my spine. At first, I felt the usual sense of relaxation, my body winding down, my spine starting to oscillate, and a quieting of my mind. My eyes were closed, but all of a sudden, my head felt flooded with yellow light. It was a warm, drowsy light - almost like the glow of the sun on a summer afternoon. I felt very peaceful, and when I opened my eyes, the light was still with me. The whole room seemed lit with this lovely, yellowish glow. In fact, it's still with me. It's very strange and I'm still not sure what to make of it. I guess it will all play out as it's supposed to...

I googled yellow in the auric spectrum, and this is what I found:

Yellow: joy, freedom, non-attachment, freeing or releasing vital forces. People who glow yellow are full of inner joy, very generous and not attached to anything. Yellow halo around the head: high spiritual development. A signature of a spiritual teacher. Yellow halo appears as a result of a highly active brow chakra. Highly spiritual people stimulate the brow chakra continuously for many years, because they always have intensive spiritual thoughts in their minds. When this chakra is observed when highly active, a yellow (Auric pair) halo appears around it, surrounding the entire head. Yellow thought indicates a moment of joy and contentment.

Yellow is a mental color in the aura. You will see this color around the head more often than probably any other color. It signifies concentration, thinking, learning, studying. It can also indicate spiritual development, usually on the very pale to white shades.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Wow Shell. Pretty cool. I'm going to call you to talk about this. I want to hear what Lynne said.