Friday, March 09, 2007

Messages

This morning, I opened my email and found this message:

From: Barbara Whitlock
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 05:53:26 -0500
Subject: Your Helium article is featured on today's homepage!

Congratulations Shelley!

If you check out today's homepage at www.helium.com, you'll see your article featured prominently. See yourself in the limelight! Tell family and friends. Announce this in your blog, on your website, or through other internet venues where you hold a presence. Watch the interest and earnings on your article today.

Your hysterical article about your hot yoga class experience shares valuable insights and reflects the highest standards of writing at Helium. Thank you for sharing your time and talents at Helium.com!

Continue to enjoy your participation in the Helium Community! We look forward to watching for more of your exceptional articles over the years.

All the best,

Barbara Whitlock
Content & Community team
Helium.com


Sometimes it's nice to receive objective, outside validation, especially when you've recently decided to quit your stable, pension and benefit providing government job, for the wild blue yonder of freelance writing and video editing. (yeah, this is all part of the energetic pathways story, which I have yet to finish! I promise I'll get there...there's just so much going on right now!)

Perfect timing too, as I was feeling the slightest pit of fear in my stomach, looking at the calendar yesterday and seeing my quit date coming closer and closer....

If you want to check out the article, it's posted on www.helium.com on the front page, under Exercise.

Have a great weekend everybody!

4 comments:

EMOB said...

Hey Shellz - good for you! Great article - and I know exactly what you mean!!!!! Perhaps hot yoga classes are the same everywhere? I wonder if those kinds of people spend the rest of the class focusing on losing their favorite "spot" as result? ;)

Smakie said...

am I blind? I don't see it?

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congratulations Shellz!

Furtheron said...

Way to go Shellz. Congrats.

I liked the iPOD review as well. Can I include Zunes in that and in houses as well. My son now walks about with his on almost constantly - suddenlly it's all air guitar and headbanging! Presumably just at the break in the song - remember Wayne's World and Bohemian Rapsody? I'm trying to watch TV and there's this lune going nuts just on my paripheral vision!