Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bless You

I only have 3 more days of work left in purgatory.

I sat on public transit this morning, as I have every week for the last 3 years, watching as we passed familiar streets and sights. George Street. The Starbucks. People walking to work. Students on their way to George Brown College. Jarvis Street. The park full of flowers. St. James Church.

As we approached the next stop, the streetcar ground to a halt and the driver called out it's name, "Church Street." As passengers began to make their way down the steps into the muggy air, he added, "for those of you who are getting off here, bless you."

Then I recognized him from this post.

http://complexuniverse.blogspot.com/2007/02/for-whom-bell-tolls.html

And thank you, yes, I will be getting off here. With pleasure.

3 comments:

Furtheron said...

I will have to work on my envy issues here.... :-)

David Tellez said...

Sounds to me like someone's watching out for you...or maybe they knew you were gonna sneeze.

Anonymous said...

You should be in the midst of wonderful travels now. I hope you're having the time of your life.

:)